We use cookies on this website. See how you can control your settings.


What can I do if I am unsure of who to contact about my falls?

If you are unsure who to contact regarding your falls, please complete the self assessment form. This form will guide you to getting in contact with the most appropriate healthcare professional to suit your needs. It is specifically designed for residents of Southwark and Lambeth, however if you do not live in these boroughs the assessment will indicate which healthcare professional(s) you should contact in your local area.

What can I do if I have not had any falls but are afraid of falling?

Please fill in the self assessment form. This form will guide you to get in contact with the service most suitable for your needs. It is important to remember that we can help you even if you have not had a fall. Our aim is to prevent falls from happening and help you to be as independent as possible so please contact us.

What next?

As explained above, if the cause of your falls needs investigating, the basic assessment form will help to identify this and guide you to contacting the most appropriate service to suit your needs. Then an appointment can be made with your GP, at the falls clinic or with a physiotherapist, occupational therapist or optician.

Once the cause of your falls is known, appropriate treatment can begin. This could involve:

  • strength and balance exercises
  • review of medications
  • osteoporosis treatment
  • review of home environment
  • new glasses or other treatment to improve your eyesight
  • advice and information.